Managing your Utilities during your House Move

It is advisable to contact each of your utility suppliers, (electricity, gas and water suppliers, telephone, mobile phone, TV licensing authority, satellite/cable companies), to inform them of the date of your move as soon as you have had it confirmed.

Each of your utility suppliers generally has specific instructions for doing a house move, e.g. not wanting to be notified more than 14 days prior to the date of moving, etc. A list of the information they will require you to provide them with should be easy to locate on their website. They will then act accordingly to ensure that the utility supply is transferred from your name to the new occupants.

As well as updating the utility companies you will need to inform the following of your change of address:

Health and medical establishments such as doctor, dentist and optician;

Bank/building societies,

The tax office


Recovery breakdown,

Insurance companies,

School/college, club memberships,

Local authority electoral register

And not forgetting the Royal Mail to arrange any temporary re-direction of mail, if you feel this will be necessary.

Buckleys Removals in Manchester will be happy to help you with your home move whether you are moving into or out of the Manchester area.


We would love to hear from you

Warehouse 2 294 Whit Lane,
Salford, Manchester
M6 6JJ

Get in touch

NGRS - National Guild of Removers Accredited