There are many steps you can take to improve the security of your home. More burglaries are the work of opportunists than you might expect, with only a small number of break-ins being premeditated. This means it’s important to do all you can to deter burglars and remove the temptation to take advantage.
Important things you can do to prevent break-ins include the following.
- Keeping windows shut, doors locked and avoiding leaving keys in obvious places like under doormats or plant pots.
- Ensuring your windows are fitted with key-operated locks.
- Making sure your doors are locked before you leave your home, go to bed or head into your garden.
- Ensuring expensive goods like laptops and mobile phones cannot be seen by passers-by.
- Being able to set your lights to a timer so that it looks like someone is at home even if you are not.
- You may also wish to add your postcode and house number to valuable items to deter would-be thieves – this also increases the chances of the items being recovered if they are stolen.
- If you haven’t already purchased home insurance, you should do this as soon as possible.
- A visible burglar alarm can put off potential thieves.
- Items like ladders and tools should be kept stored away in your garage so thieves cannot gain entry to your home with them.
- Avoid mentioning any holidays on social media if possible.
- Ask a friend or family member to keep an eye on your home whilst you are away.
These are just some of the steps you can take to vastly reduce the chances of your home being broken into.
Getting in touch
At Buckley Removals we want your move to be a successful, and above all, safe one. Contact Buckley Removals today if you do require high-quality removals services in the Greater Manchester area. Call 0161 736 5529, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on our website.